[Slackbuilds-users] Xerox printer driver: deb or rpm for conversion?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Sep 3 22:21:35 UTC 2018

On Mon, 3 Sep 2018, Donald R Laster Jr wrote:

>  Slackware supports RPMs.  This is from my 14.0 system:
>
> 	rpm -v
> 	RPM version 4.10.0
> 	Copyright (C) 1998-2002 - Red Hat, Inc.
> 	This program may be freely redistributed under the terms of the GNU GPL

> The version in an old copy of "current" is 4.14.1, so it might be newer
> now. So you may be able to directly use an RPM file or use rpm2tgz. They
> key is the expect Linux Kernel and library versions.

Don,

   How interesting! I had no idea that it was available. Here, on my 14.2
system I have:

$ rpm -v
RPM version 4.12.0.1

   I'd still prefer to run the .rpm through rpm2tgz for consistency with
everything else.

   I'm still trying to learn if refilled toner cartridges will work with the
Dell rebranded Xerox.

Thanks,

Rich