[Slackbuilds-users] Building LibreOffice.

Arnaud yth at ythogtha.org
Fri Sep 21 14:21:18 UTC 2018

> Arnaud,
>    I'll put myself in this category to explain my presumptiveness in
> responding. :-)
>
> > I regularly have trouble building LibreOffice, forced to retry it several
> > times before, at last, getting it right.
>    To clarify, you're building the LibreOffice flavor (currently at version
> 6.1.1.2), correct?
>    Is there a reason why you don't build the libreoffice flavor (currently at
> version 6.1.1?)
>
>    I ask because long ago I read somewhere SBo-related, that the lowercase
> flavor was easier to build properly than is the mixedcase version. Whether
> that's true, I've been building and using the lowercase version for years
> without problems.
>
>    If you've not tried this, perhaps it's worth considering.

Please, join me in presumptuousness !

Yes, there is a reason.
libreoffice is actually not a build, it is a repackaging of the official
binaries in rpm, while LibreOffice is an actual build.

As to the reason why I try to build instead of repackage, it's partly to test
the build process, because I'm convinced that being able to build a software is
pretty important, and we should not always rely on prebuilt binaries.

--
Arnaud <yth at ythogtha.org>