[Slackbuilds-users] Rebuilding all SBo packages on new system

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Sep 30 18:09:20 UTC 2018

On Fri, 8 Jun 2018, David O'Shaughnessy wrote:

> I would get the list of packages from the old machine:
> packages=$(ls /var/log/packages/*_SBo | cut -d'/' -f5 | rev | cut -d-
> -f4- | rev)
> and then feed that into slackrepo on the new machine:
>
> slackrepo build $packages
> (or slackrepo install if you want to install everything).

Dave,

   Finally made time to get the new desktop up and running, and took your
advice to get a list of installed packages.

> If there are any build customisations you've made then it would be
> worthwhile looking at the HINTFILE system that slackrepo uses. A default
> set for slackrepo can be found at:
> https://github.com/idlemoor/slackrepo-hints

   I don't see anything in the *.hint files I've checked so far (e.g.,
audacity in Audio). They all seem to point to moving the hint file to a new
directory. This from
<https://github.com/idlemoor/slackrepo-hints/tree/master/ponce/default_hintfiles/14.2>

   Am I looking in the wrong directory?

Rich