[Slackbuilds-users] Volunteers for deps of gscan2pdf?

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Tue Apr 30 20:50:01 UTC 2019

Hello list,

I have had requests to ship gscan2pdf in Slint.

Instead I could advise people to use SBo, however it doesn't ship
gscan2pdf, and also miss a few perl dependencies. I can provide a
SlackBuild for gscan2psf but would like that someone provides ones for
the deps (see at the bottom the rationale).

Taking as a basis the deps according to Arch, listed here:
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/gscan2pdf/

SBo is missing these if I am correct:
perl-set-intspan
perl-pdf-api2
perl-locale-gettext
perl-image-sane
perl-gtk3-simplelist
perl-filesys-df

Links to their respective package pages for Arch:
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/perl-set-intspan/
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/perl-pdf-api2/
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/perl-locale-gettext/
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/perl-image-sane/
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/perl-gtk3-simplelist/
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/perl-filesys-df/

Each of these pages have under Packages Actions a link to the Source
Files. In all these cases the only source file is the PKGBUILD

Notes.
1. I link to Arch stuff instead of Debian stuff, as IMO it's easier to
   convert to SlackBuilds than Debian stuff.
2. Of course I could write SlackBuilds myself for the missing ones on
   SBo. However, I would rather make SLKBUILDs as convert a PKGBUILD to
   as SLKBUILD is way faster and I already have a long TODO list, but
   SLKBUILDs of course do not fit SBo.

So is someone interested enough by gscan2pdf to write the SlackBuild
for the missing deps? If yes I will do it for gscan2pdf itself, else I
will write SLKBUILDS when I find the time.

Best,

Didier