[Slackbuilds-users] SBo PyPanel is bugged on Slackware64

flinchx flinchx at protonmail.com
Wed Dec 11 18:26:38 UTC 2019

I took the liberty to skip contacting the maintainer first, because according to the ChangeLog, all changes except the very first one were made by other people.

I don't know if anybody still uses this ancient software (I didn't and I won't, just tried it out of curiousity), maybe there's someone who does it on a legacy 32bit system. Point is it doesn't work properly on a 64bit system: it builds fine, but if you run it from console, you can see it fails to access the imlib2 library, because it has /usr/lib hardcoded, while Slackware64 uses /usr/lib64.

Personally I would prefer to have it purged from SBo, at least in 15.0 if nobody uses it. I fully accept the responsibility for spending time trying it, but if it wasn't there (since it doesn't work on Slackware64 as explained above), I surely wouldn't go as far as trying to write my own buildscript just for that.

This makes me wonder how many such obsolete things are there on SBo and do other SBo users think they can stay there or should eventually get cleaned up if they have issues / nobody uses them? Perhaps in the future it will be at least possible to tag them as archived and have an option to filter them when listing/searching?