[Slackbuilds-users] vlc slackbuild

Christoph Willing chris.willing at linux.com
Fri Feb 22 12:51:53 UTC 2019

On 22/2/19 8:33 pm, Tim Dickson via SlackBuilds-users wrote:

> vlc was built with the options OPENCV=yes WAYLAND=yes
> I can provide all the build options chosen for all the deps if it would
> help.

I admit that I don't test that particular option combination very often.
I just rebuilt vlc with OPENCV=yes (using opencv-legacy) and a quick
test of the resulting vlc was fine.

However the wayland option is quite time consuming to test since it
requires qt5 to have been (re)built with wayland, wayland-egl &
wayland-protocols already installed. It's now late enough here that it
will be an overnight job to rebuild qt5 and then vlc.

In the meantime, could you build & test vlc without wayland support?
Success there would indicate that wayland support is the problem. Then
we'd have to figure out a possible fix or just not support that option
any more.

chris