[Slackbuilds-users] vlc slackbuild

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 17:23:08 UTC 2019

On 2/24/19, Christoph Willing <chris.willing at linux.com> wrote:

>> I  had to modify fluidsynth slackbuild adding -lpthread to
>> -DCMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS and also to -DCMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS
>> in order for it to compile/link (thanks B. Watson)
>> and avahi user and group were created on both vm and real machine as per
>> the avahi readme.
>>

> Good that it helps but I wonder why you need this addition? I just
> rebuilt fluidsynth without it. The fact that you need it is somewhat
> concerning - it may point to some problem with your system that, in
> turn, is affecting your vlc build ...

That's a jack2 problem. jack2 is supposed to be a drop-in
replacement for jack-audio-connection-kit... but the .pc file for
jack-audio-connection-kit has -lpthread and the one for jack2 does
not. This is only an issue for fluidsynth when building with jack2
support. Adding -lpthread to fluidsynth is one way to fix it, but the
correct fix is going to be to add it to jack2's .pc file.

So far there's been no mention of jack in this thread... maybe try
rebuilding fluidsynth without jack support at all, see if that affects
vlc's segfaulting (doubt it, but worth a try).