[Slackbuilds-users] virt-viewer needs updating

Alexander Verbovetsky alik at ejik.org
Thu Jan 17 20:08:55 UTC 2019

Hello,

the virt-viewer SlackBuild is broken due to a bug fixed in version 7.0.
3 weeks ago I sent the below message to the maintainer but received no
answer.

-----
From: Alexander Verbovetsky <alik at ejik.org>
To: zakame at zakame.net
Subject: virt-viewer SlackBuild
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 22:32:55 +0300

Dear Zak B. Elep,

I tried to install virt-viewer by your SBo script, but failed, because
it can't find a libspice controller.

As a workaround, I bumped the version of virt-viewer to 7.0, this fixed
the problem (the only additional change in virt-viewer.SlackBuild was
renaming of README to README.md).

Also, version 7.0 has a good download url:
https://virt-manager.org/download/sources/virt-viewer/virt-viewer-7.0.tar.gz

Please consider upgrade of virt-viewer SBo script.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Alexander