[Slackbuilds-users] is protobuf a dependency for osgearth?

Christoph Willing chris.willing at linux.com
Tue Jan 22 00:52:37 UTC 2019

On 22/1/19 8:48 am, Fernando Lopez wrote:
> Chris,
>
>     yes, you are correct. they are listed on the README, what i meant is
> that protobuf is listed as optional and i am pretty sure it is a
> required requirement. in my case i had to build protobuf for osgearth to
> compile.

I just rebuilt osgEarth in both a clean VM and my daily desktop without
protobuf; both built without problem. A simple test on the desktop
worked OK - can't really test shaders in the VM.

My conclusion is that protobuf is optional. Nevertheless I tend toward
SlackBuilds that are feature rich, rather than minimalist. Therefore if
you care to demonstrate or claim that you have a use case requiring or
benefiting greatly from protobuf's inclusion, I will add it at the next
update of osgEarth.

chris