[Slackbuilds-users] can't uninstall dehydrated

Donald R Laster Jr laster at dlaster.com
Thu Jul 4 12:45:10 UTC 2019

David,

   Check for an entry in the crontab system that is trying to run the script.  Look in these directories

	/etc/cron.d/
	/etc/cron.daily/
	/etc/cron.hourly/
	/etc/cron.monthly/
	/etc/cron.weekly/

for the cron commands the are trying to execute the command

	/usr/bin/dehydrated -c >/dev/null

I would look in the /etc/cron.d/ and /etc/cron.daily/ directories first.  Another option to try and find where the script is trying to be invoked from would be this command:

	find /etc -exec grep dehydrated \{} \; -print

Everything normally should be rooted in the /etc directory but the man pages also indicate that some items may be in /var/spool/cron/crontabs as well.  So the find command start directory "/etc" can be changed to point to "/var/spool/cron" as well.

   Don