[Slackbuilds-users] Letsencrypt warning

David Chmelik dchmelik at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 11:13:25 UTC 2019

On 7/15/19 1:55 AM, sborg63 wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 04:31:36 +0000
> slackbuilds-users-request at slackbuilds.org wrote:
>
>>> error in cryptography setup command: Invalid environment marker:
>>> platform_python_implementation != 'PyPy'
>>> Failure encountered while building cryptography:
>>>     cryptography.SlackBuild return non-zero
> https://www.pypy.org
> "PyPy is an alternative implementation of the Python programming
> language which often runs faster than the standard implementation of
> Python, CPython"
>
> It looks like your python installation is not found: according to the
> error, the script is looking for pypy, which is not on Slackware by
> default but can be installed from SBo (repackaged binaries). Do you
> happen to have had those hanging around? [...]

It doesn't seem I have or ever had PyPy, but I could've if something
else required it a long time ago.
After a recent 'sboupgrade --all' letsencrypt is now working.
I also uninstalled an old Python setup tools package I had from
Slackware 14.1 that I already deleted from my main saved packages
directory, but that uninstall might've been on a different server. I was
just checking letsencrypt on both, and it was working on one.
So I don't really know why it's working now...