[Slackbuilds-users] qemu and capstone

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 09:23:41 UTC 2019

Il giorno mar 26 feb 2019 alle ore 02:29 King Beowulf
<kingbeowulf at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> On 2/25/19 5:19 AM, Matteo Bernardini wrote:
> > I think the build system detects the external capstone and then
> > wrongly tries to use the internal capstone headers in ./include/disas/
> > instead of the system's ones: there's a related discussion on the qemu
> > mailing list
> >
> > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2018-02/msg04159.html
> >
> > actually, if capstone is installed, with this patch applied qemu builds fine.
> >
> > Matteo
> >

> That patch is a year old, for the 2.x series. From the thread, it looks
> like they abandoned it.  qemu "should" be smart enough to find the
> correct headers via pkg-config.
>
> I'll double check for the next release.  This is the 1st time I recall
> anyone mentioning qemu with capstone.
>
> -Ed

BTW, just to give some more elements, today I tried to build qemu from
the script we have in the repository and I noticed that, by default,
it builds end enables the internal capstone.
seems the issues manifest only when an external capstone is installed
prior to building qemu.

Matteo