[Slackbuilds-users] Memtest86+-5.01 patch for hang with SMP test #7 at 22% done

Richard Narron richard at aaazen.com
Mon Mar 25 17:27:30 UTC 2019

Two of my machines hang in the exact same spot when using the Slackware
memtest with SMP (F2) at 22% done in test #7.

There is a patch on forum.canardpc.com that fixes the problem:

https://forum.canardpc.com/threads/117454-PATCH-Fix-for-Freeze-on-test-7-in-SMP-mode

Also posted as memtest86+-7-smp.patch on debian in:

So with this patch and applying the 5 patches from Debian sid:

https://sources.debian.org/src/memtest86+/5.01-3/debian/patches/

I modified the memtest86+.SlackBuild for version 5.01, built it on
Slackware 14.2 32-bit and got it working.

It works well. There are no more hangs on test #7