[Slackbuilds-users] libc++-3.8.6 on slackware current xlocale.h not found.

Peter Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Sat Nov 9 22:52:16 UTC 2019

Hi, I am Peter and I am new to this list.

Building libc++ aborted with an "xlocale.h" not found error.

Digging into the subject I found this xlocale.h actually is
a subset of locale.h and should never have escaped
into the wild - so now is the time to remove it.

As it is not needed, it might actually be empty, why not

  touch /usr/include/xlocale.h

Package libc++-3.8.6-i586-1_SBo.tgz build without any
more trouble.

Of course this is not the right way to do it. But it may
save somebodys day and you can always delete
that xlocale.h immediately after building.

Beware locate finds lots of xlocale.h:

/usr/include/c++/v1/support/fuchsia/xlocale.h
/usr/include/c++/v1/support/ibm/xlocale.h
/usr/include/c++/v1/support/musl/xlocale.h
/usr/include/c++/v1/support/newlib/xlocale.h
/usr/include/c++/v1/support/solaris/xlocale.h
/usr/include/wx-3.0/wx/xlocale.h

but this one used to belong to glibc and lived in
/usr/include.

Kind regards
Peter

--