[Slackbuilds-users] libc++-3.8.6 on slackware current xlocale.h not found.

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 06:36:55 UTC 2019

Il giorno sab 9 nov 2019 alle ore 23:52 Peter Dambier
<peter at peter-dambier.de> ha scritto:

> Hi, I am Peter and I am new to this list.
>
> Building libc++ aborted with an "xlocale.h" not found error.
>
> Digging into the subject I found this xlocale.h actually is
> a subset of locale.h and should never have escaped
> into the wild - so now is the time to remove it.
>
> As it is not needed, it might actually be empty, why not
>
>   touch /usr/include/xlocale.h
>
> Package libc++-3.8.6-i586-1_SBo.tgz build without any
> more trouble.
>
> Of course this is not the right way to do it. But it may
> save somebodys day and you can always delete
> that xlocale.h immediately after building.
>
> Beware locate finds lots of xlocale.h:
>
> /usr/include/c++/v1/support/fuchsia/xlocale.h
> /usr/include/c++/v1/support/ibm/xlocale.h
> /usr/include/c++/v1/support/musl/xlocale.h
> /usr/include/c++/v1/support/newlib/xlocale.h
> /usr/include/c++/v1/support/solaris/xlocale.h
> /usr/include/wx-3.0/wx/xlocale.h
>
> but this one used to belong to glibc and lived in
> /usr/include.
>
> Kind regards
> Peter

this happens to you because xlocale.h has been removed from glibc
since version 2.26 so it's not available anymore in the version
shipped by current.
there are a few ways to workaround this but you shouldn't actually
need any: you don't install a separate libc++ in current because is
now provided as part of the llvm package.

Matteo