[Slackbuilds-users] pytesseract

Logan Rathbone poprocks at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 22:54:29 UTC 2019

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 03:38:00PM -0500, Judah Milgram wrote:

> Thanks for upgrading the slackbuild to tesseract 4!
>
> Related thought: sure would be nice to have pytesseract. Is it already part
> of an existing slackbuild?
>
> If not, I'd be happy to take a stab at it.

It doesn't look like pytesseract is part of an existing slackbuild. So
I'm sure you could feel free to submit to slackbuilds.org.

However, it should be noted that pytesseract is also installable from
pip. I'm not sure what (if anything) the SBo policy is on this, but it
would seem to me that unless a perl or python package is needed as a
dependency for something else, users might be best off installing those
packages from CPAN or pip, so as to avoid duplication of effort.