[Slackbuilds-users] Feedback on upgrading GDAL/geos/proj

Benjamin Trigona-Harany slackbuilds at jaxartes.net
Sun Nov 17 17:32:15 UTC 2019

On Monday, 11 November 2019 14:31:58 PST Benjamin Trigona-Harany wrote:
> There are a few regressions or scripts which will need to be removed (or
> possibly patched from dev branches):
> gis/OTB will lose Python support
> gis/qlandkartegt no longer builds (but it's deprecated in favour of
> qmapshack anyhow)
> gis/osgEarth no longer builds but upcoming version 3.0 will work from what I
> can tell
> gis/libLAS no longer builds but isn't required by any projects and looks to
> be deprecated in favour of PDAL
> gis/merkaartor no longer builds but I think there might be commits in master
> that should make it work
> gis/pyspatialite no longer works but it is not needed by newer versions of
> QGIS anymore
> misc/zyGrib not building because of new proj

Update on the list of packages that would be affected by upgrades to GDAL/
geos/proj.

Now fixed:
gis/merkaartor: project updated and supports all the new libraries
gis/osgEarth: I patched the source so that it builds and runs

Two scripts will have minor changes:
gis/libLAS: loses GDAL support
gis/OTB: loses Python support

SlackBuilds have been or should  be removed since they are
deprecated:

gis/qlandkartegt: obsoleted by qmapshack
gis/pyspatialite: removed as it is no longer needed by QGIS
misc/zyGrib: made obsolete by new project xyGrib

With that, I think we are good to upgrade unless anyone has uncovered anything
else during testing.

Ben