[Slackbuilds-users] Feedback on upgrading GDAL/geos/proj

Benjamin Trigona-Harany slackbuilds at jaxartes.net
Sun Nov 17 17:41:53 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 17 November 2019 09:35:20 PST Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Nov 2019, Benjamin Trigona-Harany wrote:
> > Two scripts will have minor changes:
> > gis/libLAS: loses GDAL support
>
> Ben,
>
> I read that libLAS has been deprecated and replaced by PDAL. Does that
> affect anything?
>
> Regards,
>
> Rich

The change to libLAS will be fairly minor - not being built against GDAL. As
far as I know, the only functional change is: "libLAS 1.6+ allows you to
assign color information to a .las file if GDAL is linked in at compile-time."

libLAS is an optional dependency for a small number of SlackBuilds and I don't
think the change above will cause any issues, but happy to hear any feedback
if I'm mistaken.

Ben