[Slackbuilds-users] Jack policy

Peter Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Mon Nov 25 10:53:12 UTC 2019

pulseaudio alarm.

Jack 1 is alsa and Linux Midi.
Jach 2 is pulseaudio and Apple OSX Midi.

They did not finish to port everything from Jack 1 to Jack 2 yet but
they continued to develop Jack 1.

I am seeing this through my Slackware without pulseaudio eyes and I do
experience both on AMD and Intel Atom a better audio and faster system.

The other problem might be Jack 1 C, Jack 2 C++

So sorry to mention Gentoo:
There might be a virtual Package Jack, that is emty and needs either
Jack 1 or Jack 2 ...

nut that only moves the trouble onto somebody elses desk and is a pain
for the user.

Kind regards
Peter