[Slackbuilds-users] nvidia-legacy340-kernel needs to be patched for kernel 4.4.190

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 19:11:32 UTC 2019

On 9/11/19 2:01 AM, Mats Bertil Tegner wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> Since Pat V has upgraded the kernel on -stable to 4.4.190 the
> nvidia-legacy340 kernel modules needs the following patch to build on
> kernels 4.4.168 and above. May I also suggest to update to nVidia driver
> 340.107?
>
> Regards,
> Mats Tegner

Thanks, Mat.  I'll submit an update today.

Also, for the admins:

I while back I posted to this list that I will drop maintaining the
nvidia-legacy340 and nvidia-legacy304 scripts due to time, hardware
constraints and obsolescence (i.e. lack of nvidia support). Somewhere in
the list archives should be a message of whoever stepped up to take
over. Either that, or we need to tag these as unmaintained.

Nvidia has not updated either of these drivers for over a year.  Also,
the oldest functional cards I still have are EVGA GTX 430 and GTX 550
Ti, which can utilize the nvidia-legacy390 drivers.

Thanks.