[Slackbuilds-users] vokoscreen (2.5.0)

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Apr 12 13:33:40 UTC 2020

Yesterday I wrote to Harald Achitz, the listed maintainer for vokoscreen,
because the link to the source file is broken. He responded this way:

"It seems the author has removed the github repo and all traces of the 2.x
downloads from his home page. There is not a lot I can do about it, except
pointing to the fact how potential unstable slackbulids are if they do not
archive the source files for their recipes one of the very many reasons I do
not use Slackware anymore.

"And it seems that vokoscreen has been forgotten to transfer to an new
owner, after I told the slackbuilds mailing list that I cannot maintain my
build scripts anymore.

"I can only recommend you to
a) inform the author of vokoscreen about what he did when he put down the
old repos and made a new one instead.
b) tell slackbuilds that vokoscreen is without maintainer

Because, I was in contact with the author, and I think that it is no problem
to simply switch to the new version, since it will include functionality the
2.5 did not have (wayland for example.)

"sorry for not having better news for you."

If vokoscreen 3.x becomes available I want to look at it but now I'm going
to learn obs-studio since that's installed and working.

Stay healthy, all,

Rich