[Slackbuilds-users] Multiple SBo packages broken after upgrading qt5

flinchx flinchx at protonmail.com
Mon Apr 20 09:04:46 UTC 2020

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Monday, April 20, 2020 8:59 AM, Dave Woodfall <dave at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> I have some results.
>
> qt5-styleplugins
>
> This is now relegated to qt5-legacy I'm afraid. They only made one
> release in 2014, plus one commit since then in 2017.

I saw the other email, but I'll reply in this one for consistency

> qbittorrent-qt5
>
> I had no errors testing this.
>
> qt5ct
>
> There was one warning when I tested this, but on a second run it
> didn't reoccur.
>

> retroshare
>
> Did you set the RETROTOR option with this?

Yes, as I wrote above. I also saw you figured it out from the log.

But back to qt5 first - I'll have to do it one thing at a time, othwerwise I feel overwhelmed.

As I understand, in context of mentioned packages, the dependency chain works like this:

    / qt5ct -----------\
qt5                       qbittorrent-qt5
    \ qt5-styleplugins /

and

    / qt5ct -----------\
qt5                       retroshare
    \ qt5-styleplugins /

qt5 is the basic library, qt5ct + qt5-styleplugins are additional helpers (optional dependencies) to achieve consistent theming, as I wrote above, qbittorrent-qt5 and retroshare are end-user qt5 apps.

As I understand, we both upgraded qt5 to 5.12.8 from qt5-5.9.9 (this one became qt5-legacy).

qt5ct works fine for you, but doesn't work for me. Full stop. Just to clear the things up - it builds fine for me with the new qt5 version. The error I'm getting:

$ qt5ct
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-shadow'
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-shadow'
Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x50909) with this library (version 0x50c08)
Aborted

is a runtime error.

What am I supposed to do next, to get a working qt5ct? I'm willing to fiddle a bit more with this before I give up.