[Slackbuilds-users] Google Earth Pro issues

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 17:59:43 UTC 2020

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020, 11:56 AM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Aug 2020, Jeremy Hansen wrote:
>
> > The RX550 is not properly supported in 14.2. It requires a newer graphics
> > stack than what's in 14.2. Your card is running in a barbones mode since
> > proper drivers aren't included, so any heavy graphics programs are likely
> > going to fail.
> >
> > These should be resolved on -current and can only be resolved on 14.2 by
> > upgrading mesa, llvm, libdrm, xf86-video-amdgpu, and a few dependencies.
>
> Jeremy,
>
> Thanks very much for this knowledge. I'll make time to replace it with the
> Radeon Pro WX4100. Is this card supported in 14.2 or will I need to upgrade
> the same packages?

It didn't come out until November of 2016, almost 6 months after 14.2 was
released, so I doubt it will be properly supported.

See this thread for more details on what might need to be upgraded.

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/can-you-upgrade-slackware-14-2%27s-video-driver-without-breaking-the-entire-x-4175678727/

Jeremy