[Slackbuilds-users] Google Earth Pro issues

Matthew Graybosch hello at matthewgraybosch.com
Tue Aug 11 18:26:25 UTC 2020

On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 11:03:30 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Aug 2020, Matthew Graybosch wrote:
>
> > Have you tried running Google Earth from a terminal and capturing
> > the output using the script(1) command? Chances are Google Earth is
> > dumping messages to standard error that don't get captured when you
> > run it through your desktop environment.
>
> Matthew,
>
> I don't recall if I have in the past so I just did so:
>
> $ googleearth
> Google Earth has caught signal 11.
>
> [snip]
>
> This doesn't help me understand the problem.

Sorry about that. Stack traces like these are mainly of use to
developers. I wasn't sure what sort of output you'd get when you ran
Google Earth from a terminal, but I've found that when things go wrong,
capturing output using script often helps with troubleshooting -- if
only to prove that it was my own fault in the first place. :)

Going through the stack trace, it looks like it's running into problems
with the graphics stack when trying to do 3D rendering, which confirms
that Jeremy Hansen told you. If you take his advice you'll probably
have a better experience.

--
Matthew Graybosch		https://matthewgraybosch.com
#include <disclaimer.h>	gemini://starbreaker.org