[Slackbuilds-users] SlackBuilds up for grab and deletion

Andreas Vögele andreas at andreasvoegele.com
Wed Dec 9 04:26:50 UTC 2020

Hello list.

I've moved to openSUSE Tumbleweed and am abandoning my SlackBuilds.

colordiff is stable and infrequently updated by upstream.

development/colordiff

broadcom-sta is a wireless driver that sometimes requires patches for
new kernels, which can usually be taken from Debian.

network/broadcom-sta

There are SlackBuilds that optionally use perl-Term-ReadLine-Gnu. Not
much work required.

perl/perl-Term-ReadLine-Gnu

The music CD encoder abcde and some of its dependencies. Used to require
a lot of testing but there aren't many updates anymore.

audio/abcde
audio/cd-discid
audio/mkcue
perl/perl-MusicBrainz-DiscID
perl/perl-WebService-MusicBrainz

Please orphan the above SlackBuilds if nobody takes them.

I'm probably the only Razor and Rakudo user. I think that the below
builds can be deleted if nobody else is interested.

Razor is used by SpamAssassin. It's not as effective as DCC but still
catches some spam.

perl/perl-Razor2-Client-Agent

Rakudo and its dependencies.

perl/MoarVM
perl/nqp
perl/rakudo
perl/zef
perl/raku-Readline (new upstream: https://github.com/fooist/perl6-readline)

Please delete perl-CPANPLUS-Dist-Slackware and its dependencies. I'm the
upstream author of CPANPLUS::Dist::Slackware and won't maintain this
module anymore. Nothing else depends on the below builds.

perl/perl-Archive-Extract
perl/perl-CPANPLUS
perl/perl-CPANPLUS-Dist-Build
perl/perl-CPANPLUS-Dist-Slackware