[Slackbuilds-users] qemu feature freeze for 14.2

Arnaud arnaud.garcia-fernandez at laposte.net
Wed Dec 9 06:52:54 UTC 2020

> * King Beowulf <kingbeowulf at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm going to freeze to qemu-4.1.1 for 14.2 since the gtk3, glib (and
> > some other stuff) is too old to use newer versions. If PV bumps glib to
> > 2.48, we can update to qemu-4.2.1.
>
> speaking of ancients, python-setuptools seems to be stuck in time as
> much as that monolith in the utah desert.
>
> too many pythongs are stuck in the past because a newer
> pythong-setuptools version than stock slack 14.2 offers is required.
>
> --
> Funky Tahoe-LAFS.

	Couldn't it be possible for cases like this to offer a replacement
slackbuild ? With a proper disclaimer stating that it is altering the stock
stable slackware.

	I'm also stuck with Kallithea, at almost the first version I uploaded,
because mercurial is too old.
Admitedly it gives me time to enhance the Slackbuild to make it easier to use in
the future, but anyway, it's stuck at 0.4.1 even though 0.6.2 is out.

	For gtk3 and glib, it's probably too much core to be replaced without
side effects.
But for something like python-setuptools, I have to wonder why not having an SBo
updated version, it won't break any existing slackware package.

	This is just a thought, not a request in any way.

--
Arnaud <yth at ythogtha.org>