[Slackbuilds-users] vlc-3.0.11.1 build fails

Christoph Willing chris.willing at linux.com
Thu Dec 24 22:41:51 UTC 2020

On 24/12/20 11:45 pm, Frédéric Falsetti wrote:
> Hi,
> I have rebuild VTK-8.2.0-i486-2_SBo opencv-4.5.0-i586-1(ffmpeg-3.2.4-i486-1), I have qt5-5.12.8-i586-1
> and absolutely no idee why vlc fails with  /tmp/SBo/vlc-3.0.11.1/bin/.libs/lt-vlc-cache-gen: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libvtkCommonExecutionModel.so.1: undefined symbol: _ZN33vtkFilteringInformationKeyManager13ClassFinalizeEv

There is no direct connection between VTK and vlc. I think the problem
arises from the fact that ffmpeg has an optional build dependency on
opencv-legacy, not opencv.

The README for opencv states:

"This SlackBuild is intended for the few applications requiring a
version of OpenCV no greater than v3.1.0. It is NOT recommended
to install this version alongside the normal opencv package."

therefore there will be difficulties if you already have some other need
for latest opencv to be installed. Otherwise, you could remove opencv
and install opencv-legacy before rebuilding ffmpeg.

There is another problem; the README for VTK states:

"VTK is an optional dependency for the opencv SlackBuild. However since
VTK-8.2.0,
it is not suitable as an optional dependency for opencv-legacy. The last
suitable
version of VTK for building opencv-legacy is VTK-8.1.2"

Good luck,
chris