[Slackbuilds-users] request for building perl modules

Tonus tonus1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 01:35:06 UTC 2020

Hi list,

I've encountered problems while building some perl modules on my daily
system, even with those I maintain the slackbuilds for.
Everything build fine on a genuine system. On mine the error is :

Only one of PREFIX or INSTALL_BASE can be given.  Not both.

This would fix it on my system without any harm on genuine :
 perl Makefile.PL \
   PREFIX=/usr \
+  INSTALL_BASE= \
   INSTALLDIRS=vendor \
   INSTALLVENDORMAN3DIR=/usr/man/man3
 make

Alternativly it might be :
 ./Build
 ./Build test
 ./Build install \
+  --install_base /usr \
   --destdir $PKG

Do you think it could be adviced to other maintainers of perl scripts ?
Or should I better keep that on a personnal branch ?

Anyway, I plan to add this to my perl-* slackbuilds if there is no
objection. (perl-data-messagepack,perl-data-section-simple,
perl-file-slurper,perl-http-tiny,perl-inc-module-install,perl-local-lib,
perl-net-mpd)

I could take perl-Modules-ScanDeps that is ORPHANED.

Let me know.

Merry Christmas, solstice or whatever :)

Enjoy a better new year (easy one no ?)

--
Regards,

Tonus