[Slackbuilds-users] qgis configure not finding PyQt5 and python3-six

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 04:15:23 UTC 2020

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020, 1:06 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Feb 2020, Jeremy Hansen wrote:
>
> > Did you build python3-sip after python3-PyQt5?
>
> Jeremy,
>
> I've no idea. I suppose that depends on when package maintainers released
> patches.

This is one downside of just upgrading packages as updates are pushed out
by their maintainers. Depending on the update, some might require
rebuilding programs that depend on it.

For a really simplistic example, if ffmepg was updated in the repo from v3
to v4, it is likely that all programs that depend on ffmpeg's .so files
would require rebuilding. But many of the compilation programs that support
SBo don't try and detect that (it can be filled with updates that are
perfectly interchangable with their older versions) and will only present
you ffmpeg to update and not any of the other programs that rely on ffmepg
and need to be rebuilt.

You may want to simply try rebuilding python3-sip and then python3-PyQt5
and see if compilation of qgis works at that point.

Jeremy