[Slackbuilds-users] STATUS: nvidia-driver; nvidia-kernel and legacy

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 00:19:45 UTC 2020

Hello All,

I've marked nvidia-legacy304 as

nvidia-legacy304-driver 	system 	ff162200b 	unmaintained
nvidia-legacy304-kernel 	system 	5d028b8f7 	unmaintained

I no longer have the hardware to test this driver series. Thus, it is up
for grabs.  Please be aware that Nvidia plans no further released past
304.137.

nvidia-legacy340 is now at 340.108 (thanks mats!).  Nvidia plans no
further updates.

I will submit a final update for nvidia-legacy390 (390.132) and mark it
unmaintained. Nvidia plans support through end of 2022.

Nvidia's "Support timeframes for Unix legacy GPU releases"
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3142/

Finally, I will update nvidia-{driver,kernel} to 440.59 and keep
maintenance until someone wishes to take over and sends me the
author/email information for the .info file.

It's been a fun (?) love/hate relationship with these nvidia
buildscripts.  These were my first contribution to SBo in 2011.
Although I'm a bit melancholy at giving them up, the amdgpu driver now
fits most of my needs (gaming addiction mostly).

-Ed