[Slackbuilds-users] Updates 20200601

Marek Wodzinski majek at w7i.pl
Mon Jun 1 14:02:32 UTC 2020

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020, Christoph Willing wrote:

> On 1/6/20 10:03 pm, Marek Wodzinski wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> On Mon, 1 Jun 2020, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
>>> we are a bit late on this update,
>>
>> Looks like some tar.gz files are not rebuilt for this update, so sbopkg
>> finds packages to update, but builds old versions :-(
>> For example openconnect, mosquitto, kicad-*.
>> But zoom-linux is fine.
>>

> I don't understand - is this a problem with the SBo updates or sbopkg?
>
> I maintain mosquitto and looking at the mosquitto files, after a git
> pull this morning, they all seem correct i.e. the SBo update went fine.

Sbopkg gets repository using rsync by default. In rsync repository there
are the same files as in git (and this part is ok) AND also tared files
(and some of these are outdated). Sbopkg search for updates using
these loose files, but for building it uncompress tared files. That's why
there is such strange behavior.

Best regards
Marek
--
"If you want something done...do yourself!"
Jean-Baptiste Emmanuel Zorg