[Slackbuilds-users] Help needed: jitsi

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 15:43:04 UTC 2020

On 6/2/20, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> Error: JAVA_HOME is not defined correctly.
> We cannot execute /usr/local/lib64/jdk-14.0.1+7/bin/java

Did you log out and back in after installing the java package? They all
set JAVA_HOME and a few other variables in an /etc/profile.d/ script
that gets sourced during login.

> 2. Can't I have multiple java (jdk and jre) versions installed? Different
> jave applications are hard-coded for specific java versions.

The way I'd handle this (which might even be the right way?) would be
to first make sure the various java packages don't step on each others'
files. If that's the case, you'd switch between multiple installed java
packages by making one & only one of the profile.d scripts executable,
then log out & back in after you change which one is +x, each time you
do it.