[Slackbuilds-users] help testing new package

Greg' Ar Tourter artourter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 23:31:40 UTC 2020

Hi,

I have written a Slackbuild for NCL (https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/).

It is quite a tricky one to compile and it doesn't exit with an error when
make fails. The only way I have found to test if compilation fails is to
look for the ncl binary.

Could I ask for a few kind souls to test the slackbuild and report back if
build fails and the error. I am interested in both -14.2 and -current,
32bit and 64bit. This is not for the faint-hearted as it is quite big and
takes a while.

note that I do not compile hdf4 and grib2 compatibility in. If people want
to, I can test and add hdf4 but I cannot get the GRIB2 library to compile
and anyway, ncl requires its own patched version which feels like to
muchwork for something I cannot test myself.

Cheers

Greg