[Slackbuilds-users] dbeaver-ce not finding jre

Erich Ritz erich.public at protonmail.com
Fri Jun 19 20:05:18 UTC 2020

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Friday, June 19, 2020 12:44 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Jun 2020, Dave Woodfall wrote:
>
> > The full contents of /etc/profile.d/openjdk.sh for example:
> > #!/bin/sh
> > export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib64/java
> > export MANPATH="${MANPATH}:${JAVA_HOME}/man"
> > export PATH="${PATH}:${JAVA_HOME}/bin:${JAVA_HOME}/jre/bin"
> > Your setting in ~/.bash_profile is breaking this.
>
> Dave,
>
> I removed both JAVA_HOME and the PATH statement adding java. Logged out and
> back in. There's no openjdk.sh in /etc/profile.d/.
>
> I suspect that I should replace adoptopenjdk-openj9-14.0.1+7-x86_64-1_SBo
> but I've no idea with what.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich

Rich,

The file in /etc/profile.d/ for adoptopenjdk-openj9 is adoptopenjdk-openj9.sh:

https://slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds/14.2/development/adoptopenjdk-openj9/profile.d/adoptopenjdk-openj9.sh

It was asked before, but you haven't answered yet (must have got lost in the noise): can you call java from the command prompt?  Try:
$ which java

For me this gives:
$ which java
/usr/lib64/java/bin/java

But I have alienBob's openjdk installed.

By the way, you shouldn't need to modify your ~/.bash* files unless explicitly mentioned in the README for any given package on SBo.  Most packages set up the environment (when needed) my placing files in /etc/profile.d/

Erich