[Slackbuilds-users] build question, library location

Andrew Payne phalange at komputermatrix.com
Mon Jun 22 20:54:04 UTC 2020

Hi, I'm updating spectrwm to the latest. there's a lib called
libswmhack.so.0.0 that the Makefile wants to put in /usr/local/lib64.

I changed that to /usr/lib64 and it works fine in -current but NOT in
14.2 -- it gives an error:

ld.so : object '/usr/local/lib/libswmhack.so.0.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot
be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored

In fact, the only way I can make 14.2 happy is to put the library in

/usr/local/lib/

Can someone give me some guidance on this? Is it ok to put this lib in
/usr/local/lib?

Best,
Andrew