[Slackbuilds-users] build question, library location

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 21:49:05 UTC 2020

On 6/22/20, Andrew Payne <phalange at komputermatrix.com> wrote:

> ld.so : object '/usr/local/lib/libswmhack.so.0.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot
> be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored

I can't duplicate this on 14.2. I updated your SlackBuild by
changing VERSION to 3.4.0 and UPNAM to SPECTRWM_3_4_0, ran it,
installed the package... it doesn't put anything in /usr/local/lib.

There's a /usr/lib64/libswmhack.so.0.0, and I don't get LD_PRELOAD
issues like you did. The man page explains what LD_PRELOAD is used for
(I can't say I like the design, but at least it seems to work), and
the defalt Alt-Shift-Enter keystroke does start up an xterm like it's
supposed to.

Can you run this, after installing your package?

strings /usr/bin/spectrwm | grep libswmhack

I get this result:

/usr/lib64/libswmhack.so.0.0

If you're getting /usr/local/lib there instead of /usr/lib64, then
something weird is going on with your modifications to the SlackBuild,
or (possibly) something broken elsewhere on your system.

If you're getting /usr/lib64 from strings but it's still complaining
about /usr/local/lib, then I've misunderstood the problem...