[Slackbuilds-users] libinput-1.15.4 build fails: no pkg_resources

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Mon Mar 23 23:04:54 UTC 2020

Le 23/03/2020 à 23:40, Rich Shepard a écrit :
> Okay. Perhaps I'll build the chain from the current source since
> python-3.8.x is supported there. For now I don't know that I need an
> upgraded libinput so I'll focus on getting work done.

If you build the chain from the current sources:
1. That could fail.
2. Even if that succeeds that could break other packages needing
   some of the software of this chain.

My advice is to just remove python 3.8 and re-install 3.7.2 so that you
will have a consistent system, as I doubt that you need 3.8 on Slackware
14.2 now. It is possible to have both versions installed and use 3.8
only on demand though, finding how is left to the reader as an exercise.

Best regards,
Didier