[Slackbuilds-users] Qt5 ... newer versions available

Dave Woodfall dave at slackbuilds.org
Sun Mar 29 23:51:20 UTC 2020

On 2020-03-29 12:39,
Slackbuilds Users <slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org> put forth the proposition:
> On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 03:03 (+0100), Dave Woodfall wrote:
>
> > On Fri 11 Oct 2019 20:45,
> > Slackbuilds Users <slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org> put forth the proposition:
> >> Hi all,
>
> > Hi
>
> >> SBO has Qt5 5.9.8, but 5.13.1 is now (since Sept 5) a going concern.
>
> >> Are there any plans to update?
>
> > 5.9.8 is the most supported LTS version at the moment.
>
> > It could be possible to update to the latest LTS, which is 5.12, but
> > it may mean the various dependencies to also be updated, and perhaps
> > older versions kept available for older applications.  It would
> > require some testing to make sure that everything works with it.
>
> > I do still a SlackBuild for 5.12, so I'll have a look at it.
>
> Dave,
>
> have you had a chance to look at that?  Thanks.
>
>                                 Jim

Hi Jim

I did a lot of testing with LTS 5.12.6, and then 5.12.7 was announced a
little while ago, so I had to recheck everything again from scratch.
I should have some updates soon.

Most things that didn't build initially have now been fixed, apart
from a few that will remain on 5.9 as -legacy.

--
Dave