[Slackbuilds-users] ptlib doesn't compile on -current any more

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 20:34:17 UTC 2021

On Sun, Apr 4, 2021, 12:59 PM Sebastian Arcus <s.arcus at open-t.co.uk> wrote:

> On 04/04/2021 19:21, Matteo Bernardini wrote:
> > strange, builds fine here: I just add this last patch after the other
> > ones already applied in the modified ptlib.SlackBuild of the
> > unofficial repository for current.
> > one of them is specific to port ptlib to openssl-1.1.x and from the
> > output you posted could it be that is not applied?
>
> Sorry - I was getting confused between willysr's and ponce's repos. I
> take it ponce's is the most up to date one? I re-downloaded the scripts
> from ponce's, added the patch you suggested and it all compiled fine
> now. Thank you again.

The repo from ponce is an unofficial repo just for -current, where Willy's
is for 14.2. Both are up-to-date, but designed for different versions of
Slackware.

SBo does not imply any support for -current, although, many scripts happen
to work without modification. The unofficial repo from ponce keeps any
modifications needed to ensure the scripts build properly and the resulting
packages run properly on -current.

Jeremy