[Slackbuilds-users] Development Cycle Towards 15.0 Repository

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Fri Apr 16 10:27:07 UTC 2021

Hi everyone

As you may have heard that Patrick has declared -current into Beta
status, which means it's time for us to start working on our repository
which will lead to 15.0 repository in the future. It might take some
time until all scripts are checked to work with -current because of the
big changes happening during the development cycle between 14.2 and
-current.

So here is what we will do after this weekend public update:
1. We will close submission form for 14.2.
2. Merge Ponce's current repository to master
3. Checking all scripts and making sure it's working with -current

Due to the nature of the -current which is a moving target, we will
focus on the big and high-impacting scripts first, especially the Qt5
and Python2/3 transition.

For maintainers who have write access to SBo server or usually push
updates through pull/merge requests via github/gitlab, please make sure
to test your update against -current environment rather than 14.2 after
this weekend's public update.

As always, we always welcome any bug reports either on this list or in
LQ thread
(https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/sbo-scripts-not-building-on-current-read-1st-post-pls-4175561999/)

If the development cycle is smooth as planned, we should have 15.0 ready
by the time Slackware 15.0 is released by Patrick.

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo