[Slackbuilds-users] openjdk8 compile (either manually or via sbotools) failing at openjdk7

Luc Van Rompaey luc.vanrompaey at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 16:27:14 UTC 2022

Op vr 8 apr. 2022 om 16:01 schreef Arnaud via SlackBuilds-users <
slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org>:

> > Here is what I have found.  The checksum error comes from the new zlib
> > 1.2.12, which may have fixed the problem in 1.2.11 but I suspect badly
> > broke something else.  Adding --disable-system-zlib to the icedtea
> > configure parameters takes care of that.
> > As for the libstdc++ library linking issue on 32-bit, this looks like an
> > issue with the interaction between gcc11 and gcc5 and not in
> openjdk(6,7).
> > Installing an older -current in a test partition (actually 15.0-rc1),
> I'll
> > let you know what I find.
>
> Well, our messages crossed path, but they lead to the same conclusion.
>
>         - Yth.
>
> I ran a few more tests, with the following results:

   - After the Slackware64 15.0 system updates got installed, rebuild the
   gcc5 package and install it.
   Then, try to rebuild openjdk7.
   The openjdk7 build keeps on failing.
   - Downgrade the zlib package to 1.2.11 (i.e., the version found on the
   Slackware64 15.0 ISO).
   Again, try to rebuild openjdk7.
   This completes successfully.

So, yes, the problem is with zlib 1.2.12.

Regards,
Luc.