[Slackbuilds-users] wxcam compile errors on Slackware 15.0

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 19:30:27 UTC 2022

On 2/4/22, King Beowulf <kingbeowulf at gmail.com> wrote:
> (oops sent this via the wrong email address)
>
> Hello admins,
>
> wxcam-1.1 hasn't compiled (at leas not here) on Slackare for awhile and
> hasn't been updated upstream since 2011.  Since I switched to guvcview,
> we can:

Huh? It compiles just fine.

Most likely you've fallen victim to the wxPython vs. wxGTK3 brain
damage. To get wxcam to compile, (re)install wxPython. Whichever of
wxPython or wxGTK3 gets installed last "wins" the /usr/bin/wx-config
symlink.

> 1. Drop it from SBo.
> 2. Put it up for grabs for someone to take over as maintainer.

No need, if it actually works. I can compile it, but I don't have easy
access to any webcam to test it with.