[Slackbuilds-users] About academic/qucs in Slackware 15.0 - does not build against qt5

Fellype fellype at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 13:06:21 UTC 2022

Hi SBo Admins,

I'm the current maintainer of academic/qucs and I have to say that
qucs-0.0.19 does not build against Qt5.

In a private message, Kemal Ilgar Eroğlu suggested that I replace
qucs-0.0.19 with qucs-qt5-git like in AUR repo [1]. I think it is a good
idea. However, I haven't had time to take a look at that yet. So, I think
we have the following options at the moment:
a- simply remove qucs from the SBo repo
b- someone provide a Qt4 SlackBuild and we keep qucs-0.0.19 at SBo
c- remove qucs for now until I have time to provide a build script for
qucs-qt5
d- someone provides a build script for qucs-qt5 this time and we remove
qucs-0.0.19

Note that qucs-qt5-git is not an official Qucs release.

If anyone has another suggestion, I'd like to hear it. From my side, I'll
chose option c.

Thanks, and best regards,

Fellype

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/qucs-qt5-git