[Slackbuilds-users] greenhorn greetings

Erich Ritz erich.public at protonmail.com
Fri Feb 11 16:50:30 UTC 2022

On Friday, February 11th, 2022 at 8:28 AM, <k22 at trixtar.org> wrote:

> My first time here, at soon 78 I've kicked the
> Slackware tires a few times but the recent
> systemd plague is making me take Slackware more
> seriously :-) I'm also tinkering with Artix
> and Devuan in addition to my Suse go2 twins.
> Brought up on Suse I never had to learn very much
> so this 'build' stuff is a bit of a learning-curve
> as I have just installed 15.0 on both my Asus-g73
> laptop and my AMD desktop.

Welcome!

> I would like to ask 3 questions for starters if I
> may:
>
> -   about when can I expect sbo packages for Sylpheed
>     and Librewolf, the two most pressing ones?

Sylpheed is already on SBo.  Librewolf is not.  You can add it yourself after submissions open when the 15.0 branch of SBo goes live.  There is no TODO list: if something you want is not already on SBo you are encouraged to submit it and be the maintainer.  Note that submitting a new package comes with the expectation that you will maintain it.

> -   are those two avalaible for 14.2 and also usable
>     with 15.0?

Sylpheed, yes.  Librewolf, no.  But see next question:

> -   where can I look every now and then to see what
>     has become available for 15.0?

The 15.0 branch hasn't been released yet, but you can see the ongoing development in the master branch at:

https://git.slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds/

The 14.2 branch is available from the same website, or of course you may browse at https://slackbuilds.org/

Erich