[Slackbuilds-users] Is sbotools out of sync with SlackBuilds?

Luveh Keraph 1.41421 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 22:31:25 UTC 2022

I played with sbotools today for the first time, and I am not sure whether
I have done something wrong, or whether it is out of sync with SlackBuilds.

According to the sbotools documentation, on installing sbotools one must
first do

       # sbosnap fetch

in order to download the SlackBuilds repository. I did that without any
problems, and then I did

        # sbocheck

This command returned the following:

Updating SlackBuilds tree...
Updating files: 100% (34355/34355), done.
HEAD is now at e99f4d18a1 20221119.1 global branch merge.
Checking for updated SlackBuilds...

brave-browser 1.45.133  <  needs updating (1.45.127 from SBo)
libreoffice 7.4.3                 <  needs updating (7.4.2 from SBo)
tor-browser 11.5.8            <  needs updating (11.5.7 from SBo)
vivaldi 5.5.2805.48          <  needs updating (5.5.2805.44 from SBo)

Looking into the directory where the SlackBuilds repository was downloaded
(/usr/sbo/repo) there are discrepancies with what one gets by hand from
slackbuilds.org - for example, for libreoffice slackbuilds.org is at
version 7.4.3, whereas the build file downloaded with sbosnap fetch is for
version 7.4.2. And analogously for  the other entries above.

Anybody know what the deal here may be? Am I doing something wrong? Notice
that the SlackBuilds repo obtained with the tools that come with the sbopkg
package, found at /var/lib/sbopkg/SBo/15.0, does not have this problem - it
is in sync with slackbuilds.org all right.