[Slackbuilds-users] using $DOWNLOAD for alt. purpose

j at lngn.net j at lngn.net
Thu Aug 3 11:30:12 UTC 2023

hey all,

So I've got a few scripts that are 64bit only and have different binary
files to download for amd64 or aarch64. The scripts are setup to fail on
32bit and I'd like to know if it'd be possible for me to use the
$DOWNLOAD for the aarch64 files, so I don't have to omit a otherwise
working script for the platform I mostly use.

As-is this works with the tool "sboui" on my machines and automatically
gets the $DOWNLOAD on aarch64 and the correct one on x86_64 as well.

Would it be acceptable to have the script itself fail on 32bit rather
than marking $DOWNLOAD=unsupported so we can offer support for the
aarch64 platform?

Side note: is there any future plans to add a $DOWNLOAD_AARCH64 to the
.info?

Thanks,

-Jay