[Slackbuilds-users] Rust crates: download issue

K. Eugene Carlson kvngncrlsn at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 08:41:57 UTC 2023

Hi, all,

https://crates-io.s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/crates URLs for Rust crates
with a plus sign in the name are not working currently (e.g.
zstd-sys-2.0.1+zstd.1.5.2.crate). I'm not sure when exactly this started,
but it must have been sometime since last Sunday. Most Rust-based
SlackBuilds are affected.

Crates are also available from https://static.crates.io/crates, which is
doing fine. As a bonus, downloads from there seem to be considerably
faster. I plan on changing my info files over for the next update (ncspot,
bottom, hyperfine, onefetch).

In the meantime, 's|crates-io.s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com|static.crates.io|g'
is an option if an unavailable crate is needed urgently.

Have a nice weekend,

Gene Carlson