[Slackbuilds-users] Devuan debootstrap?

J j at lngn.net
Thu Jun 1 12:13:50 UTC 2023

 I just used debootstrap earlier today actually! But AFAIK it only supports Debian and Ubuntu. There was a way about 6 months ago about that you could setup sysvinit instead of systemd, I had it going on a few vms but it could only be done from the normal installer, there don’t appear to be a way (that I’m aware of) to install the sysvinit setup with debootstrap.

But since the system isn’t running upon install, you should be able to remove systemd and install the ‘elogind’ and ‘sysvinit-scripts‘ packages. There may be another one and deps may pull it in already, someone else may know if there’s more packages yet…

— Jay Lanagan