[Slackbuilds-users] icon-theme.cache/doinst.sh(template)/sbo-maintainer-tools

Franzen slackbuilds at schoepfer.info
Sun Jun 18 08:18:58 UTC 2023

Thanks B. Watson for the clarifications, and for the very helpful
sbo-maintainer-tools.

I found a post from Robby which explains why the cache is not used by
default:
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/xfce-complains-about-missing-cache-file-for-icon-themes-pkgtool-does-not-help-4175667481/#post6077375

I then wonder why the cache is checked on every boot, as this seems only
needed once when systemwide icons are added(ususally by a package).
And why does the slackware-installer then deals with the cache, as there
can't be one
on a fresh installation,
/var/lib/pkgtools/setup/setup.08.gtk-update-icon-cache
But that's better asked at LQ i guess.

Johannes