[Slackbuilds-users] Too many java's

M Wedin wedinm at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 16:42:04 UTC 2023

Hello all!

jdk is a most tiresome package. Oracles way of hiding it under
agreements and licensing makes me break out in sweat every time it is
updated. Not often enough that I remember hos I did it the last time,
but often enough bug me to no end.

Two potential links are given:

"You might be able to download the necessary parts from here:
https://java.com/en/download/linux_manual.jsp"
Here I'm given four links to packages. The heading of the page says:

"Java Downloads for Linux
Recommended Version 8 Update 361
Release date: January 17, 2023"

Neat!, Exactly what I need. Version: perfect. However, it turns out to
be jre, not jdk. The buildscript does, of course, not recognise the
downloaded file.

Homepage:
https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

At this site, I find varous kinds of jdk-19. jdk (8u361) is nowhere to be found.

If I can get help finding the correct file, I'd be happy. If
developers found a way to not use Oracles tools, I'd be ecstatic.

Wedin